Retirement visas in Phuket

Learn how to get a retirement visa and stay in Thailand for a year

Do you want to stay in Thailand for a longer period?

You can leave the country and return back by issuing a re-entery
Possible visa extension without leaving Thailand
Quick and simple visa processing
Allows you to live in Thailand for 1 year

Specifics of obtaining a retirement visa and requirements for candidates

  • Age over 50 years old

  • First, a visa must be issued at the embassy in your country of citizenship for 90 days, and then extended at the immigration office for 1 year

  • A valid Thai bank account with a minimum balance of 800,000 THB ($26,000) is required
Retirement visa

How is the visa process? Retirement visa

A foreign passport that will be valid for another year and a half after entering Thailand.
Two 4x6 cm photographs on a white wall;
An open account with Bangkok Bank or Krungsri Bank. The minimum account balance is 800,000 baht (equivalent to $26,000).
If the required amount is not available, it is not a problem. We will help resolve this issue.
Departure card
Passengers arriving in and departing from Thailand must fill out an Arrival card and a Departure card. They give the arrival card to the customs officer. You must enter information about yourself on the departure card. This card will be required in banks, hotels, immigration service when extending a visa.
Departure card is filled out as follows:
● Last name and Name are indicated as in a foreign passport;
● date of birth - in the sequence day, month, year (19.03.1954);

The price of retirement visas at IQ School

The cost of any visa includes consultation, verification of documents and filling out applications, submission of documents to the Phuket immigration office and delivery of a passport with a visa.

Retirement visa restrictions

Each type of visa has certain restrictions that you need to be aware of. A retirement visa has only one such restriction - it does not give the right to work in Thailand.

For official employment in Thailand, a work permit is required. We can help you get it as part of your business visa.

Frequently Asked Questions/FAQ

Our contacts and address of IQ School
75/60 Moo. 10, Chalong, Muang, Phuket 83130